You may have heard about the crazing cravings and heard several of your pregnant friends make excuses for all the extra eating, saying things like: “I’m eating for two now!” Well, let me tell you that this is somewhat of an old wives tale.
You may think that you are hungrier, but the truth is that you only need an extra 300 calories per day. The baby doesn’t even start to get really big until the last couple of months, so any additional calories or eating that you do before that is only adding to the extra weight you will have to take off after you have the baby. Not to mention all the stretching and sagging.
The suggested amount of pregnancy weight gain is only 25 pounds! Gaining 30, 40, 50 or more is not necessary and will be a whole lot tougher to get rid of after you have the baby.
So remember these six pregnancy essentials:
1. ONLY 300 more calories a day while pregnant are necessary
2. You should only gain about 25lbs. more while pregnant
3. Snack throughout the day on nutritional snacks (bananas, carrots, yogurts)
4. Take your prenatal vitamins
5. Exercise (swimming or aqua-fit are recommended)
6. Add more calcium to your pregnancy (Eat lots of quinoa, raisins, yogurt, etc)
That way you can recover fast, for the sake of health of both you and your newborn!